HOW IT WORKS
Hillbilly Run is a 2.5 mile obstacle race. You're not just running against the clock - you're running from angry Hillbillys. It's a hoopin' hollerin' good time. Throughout the race there are a number of natural and man-made obstacles composed of mud, water, hay, and pumpkins. You will need to climb, crawl, dive and run your way to the finish line, all while avoiding those backwoods Hillbillys. Runners may choose NOT to complete an obstacle BUT any runner who does not complete an obstacle will not be eligible for prizes.
Spectators may accompany you to the race. Your registration in the race includes your admission into the Lazy Acres Pumpkin Patch upon completion of the race. Spectators may purchase admission to the Pumpkin Patch at the gate on race day. Admission cost is $8.50 plus tax. Lazy Acres Pumpkin Patch includes a 4.5 acre corn maze, jumping pillow, pig race show, and many more family friendly attractions.
WHAT YOU GET
- A commemorative T-shirt to let everyone know you survived the Hillbilly Run.
- Admission to the pumpkin patch and all the fun activities upon completion of the race.
- Sweet prizes for the top finishers
- Direct or intentional contact with another runner or Hillbilly is strictly prohibited. Those in violation of this rule will automatically be disqualified and potentially escorted off of the grounds, without refund.
- If you skip an obstacle, you are automatically disqualified from a time-based award.
- Runners must wear their Hillbilly Run bib number clearly shown on the front of their attire. Participants will not be allowed to race without an official bib number.
- Runners must be 14 years of age or older by race day in order to participate. For participants under 18 years old on race day, your parent or guardian must be present on race day at packet pick-up to sign a waiver and release for you.
- Click HERE to review waiver. To save time at check-in, download and bring a completed form with you.
- No weapons or mock weapons will be permitted on the premises.
- No drugs or alcohol permitted on the property. Food and beverages will be available for purchase in Plantation Hall.
- No pets or small children are allowed to race with you. Not even if they’re trained to hunt hillbillys.
- For those not running in the race, a pumpkin patch armband must be purchased to gain access to the property.
- Participants and spectators must abide by all instructions given from the race directors, race staff, volunteers and medical personnel.
- Several photographers and videographers will be stationed along the course. Participants, spectators and volunteers must sign a waiver to agree to allow Lazy Acres Plantation, LLC to use any pictures or video footage of the event for future promotional purposes.
- Bring an official form of identification (license, passport, photo ID, etc.) or a parent/guardian if you are a minor. We will not be able to let you into the event otherwise.
- You will be covered in mud and hay after the race so bring a towel and change of clothing (especially socks and clean shoes to change into).
- Check the weather before the event to make sure you are prepared (i.e. umbrellas, warm gear, cold gear, wet gear, etc) We will race rain or shine.
- Costumes are encouraged and prizes will be awarded for best male and female costumes! When designing your costume, please remember Lazy Acres Pumpkin Patch is a very family friendly atmosphere with many young children present. Use good judgement and good taste. Inappropriate costumes will not be allowed.
- There are NO REFUNDS and NO TRANSFERS for registration. Registration will be accepted the day of the race, however, we cannot guarantee a t-shirt to those who register later than 9/30.
- Early Hillbilly registration Fee: $25.00 until 8/1/2012; $35 8/2-9/30; $40 10/1-race day
- There are a limited number of spaces available for this race. Rather than release 1,000+ runners on the course at once, runners will be divided into waves. The first wave will begin at 8:00 a.m. and successive waves will occur approximately every 20-30 minutes. We recommend you arrive at least 45 minutes prior to your wave to check in.
Join us for our first Hillbilly Run on October 6th, 2012. Race 2.5 miles around the farm conquering obstacles and surviving monster hills. But BE CAREFUL.... there's a hillbilly homestead in the back 40 and they don't like revenoorers coming across their property!
Proceeds from this event will go to support the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and is sponsored by....
More info on obstackles comin' purdy soon!
These here 40 acres belonks to the Hatfield family. Should you encounter one of these hillbillys, maintain eye contact and slowly walk away.
Oh and...if you hear banjo music...